An Authentic Working Waterfront That Invites You To Come And Play
International Terminal Shipping Facility
The Port of Newport is currently obtaining financing to construct a 9-acre shipping facility on the northeast corner of McLean Point. This would provide the Port the opportunity to lease the facility to a terminal operator to facilitate agricultural exports and near-shore barging of agricultural products from the mid-Willamette Valley and waste paper material from southern California.
The $6.5-million project would include removal of 40,000 cubic yards of clean organic material, development of wetlands mitigation site, wastewater utility extensions, water redundancy lines, asphalting, storwater collection and treatment, fencing and a small work shack. The site is currently zoned industrial.
The Port received notice on October 27, 2015 that it received a U.S. Dept. of Transportation TIGER grant in an amount of $2-million toward the project.
This web page will contain information related to the project including documents that would be utilized in financing efforts. For further questions about the facility, please contact Kevin Greenwood, General Manager, (541) 265-7758.
Commission Meeting information including Agenda and Meeting Packets can be found here.
FINAL NIT ANYALYSIS REPORT, THE BECKETT GROUP Juiy 20, 2017 [.pdf]
DRAFT INTERNATIONAL TERMINAL OPERATIONS PLAN June 16, 2017 [.pdf]
TEEVIN LEASE OPTION EXTENSION December 19, 2016 [.pdf]
PHASE I AND II ENVIRONMENTAL SITE ASSESSMENT, GRI, Beaverton, Ore., Aug. 1, 2016 [.pdf]
SHIPPING FACILITY FEASIBILITY STUDY [link] June 30, 2016
LETTERS OF SUPPORT [.pdf]
PRESENTATION [link], Newport City Council, Port of Newport General Manager, Kevin Greenwood, and Commission President, Walter Chuck, January 4, 2016.
BENEFIT COST ANALYSIS [.pdf], Todd Chase, June 3, 2015.
ANALYSIS OF JOB CREATION [.pdf], IMPLAN Model, Todd Chase, July 2015.
PLANNING LEVEL CONSTRUCTION BUDGET [.pdf], June 3, 2015.
SIGNED LEASE-OPTION AGREEMENT [.pdf], April 28, 2015.
STRATEGIC BUSINESS PLAN [link], January 2013.
CAPITAL FACILITIES PLAN [link], January 2013.
OREGON DEQ SOILS CHARACTERIZATION [link], December 2012.
- City of Newport Land Use Permit, No. 1-TIA-13, City of Newport, June 8, 2015.
- US Army Corps of Engineers, NWP-2012-361-3, August 9, 2016. Included approvals from Oregon DEQ, DLCD, local Tribes, SHPO, and NMFS.
- Oregon Dept. of State Lands, wetland restoration, 56824-RF, August 26, 2014.
- Oregon Dept. of Environmental Quality, 1200-C Permit, File No. 122669, Permit No. 29014, December 29, 2015; re-issued December 15, 2015. Expires Dec. 14, 2020.
- Oregon Dept. of Environmental Quality, 1200-Z Permit, File No. 122669, January 7, 2013, expires June 30, 2017.
- Lincoln County Public Works, Road Approach Permit, Permit No. 2012-A-008, November 21, 2012.
- City of Newport Electrical Permit, No. E15-9007 issued December 30, 2015
- City of Newport Plumbing Permit, No. P15-2635 issued December 30, 2015
- City of Newport Building Permit, No. 13743 issued December 31, 2015
NEPA CATEGORICAL EXCLUSION [.pdf], Pacific Habitat Services, June 19, 2015